Legal Aid Divorce Solicitors

Scottish Legal Aid Solicitor

Legal aid is available in two forms;

Advice & Assistance” which is assessed on your and your partner’s income and capital for the 7 days prior to signing the application form. You may be required to pay a contribution.

The second type of legal aid is “Full Civil Legal Aid” This is for civil court actions.

Legal aid pays your expenses but not your opponent’s should you lose your case.

One of the most important aspects of legal aid to realise is that the Scottish Legal Aid Board (SLAB) operate a “clawback” policy whereby if you recover or preserve any property as a result of using legal aid funding then you will require to pay your legal costs from that property in the first instance and before you receive the balance, if any.

How do I apply for legal aid?

Only a solicitor can apply for legal aid on your behalf. Advice and Assistance can be granted by us. You have to provide proof of income from all sources at the initial meeting.

A Full Civil legal Aid application involves more in depth application forms one of which you have to complete, sign and send with documentary evidence back to us for forwarding on to the SLAB with the other forms which we prepare. Again, you may be asked to pay a contribution.

To find out more please call us on 01333 730803 or e mail